Thursday, January 9, 2014

SORRY!!!

I haven't been posting in a while. Well... That's not true... I've been editing and re-editing the previous post for the last couple of months... ^^"
Just one present to go now! I hope Nicolas is gonna like it :)

Just to prove that I haven't been completely inactive in this time, here are some pictures that you haven't seen yet!
I started (and finished) a Slytherin scarf! The green is actually too light compared to the movies, but it's "emerald-green" just like the books say. Just with the stripes I had to compromise. They're ash-grey, not silver.
Here's a picture of me wearing the finished infinity scarf with the matching hat!
I actually curled my fringe just to take that picture. Ain't I nice :P
And some perspective!!
 It's a really long slouch. All my hair fits into it and I don't even need to hold the hat in place with bobby pins.
I was gonna crochet a little snake to sew it onto that round green patch at the beginning of the hat, but then people said it looked like Link's hat and I decided to leave it the way it was :)








I also got an order form a friend of mine for a hood like this one:

The yarn I used was much less bulky, but I tried my best to make it look nice. She asked for it to be in the actual cheshire cat's colours. Shades of purple. I did that, even though I grew up with an orange cheshire cat. To me, cheshire cat will always be orange...
Anyway, here's my version:
 The ears might be slightly too low, but I really like it. I even managed to make them stand up.
I think I might do another one like this for myself or my sister, but not cheshire cat, rather a teddy bear or something along those lines.

I haven't touched any yarn since Christmas. Until yesterday. I hand-wound some center-pull balls of yarn-scraps. It's really cool that I found how to do it by hand, but it's actually really tiring and I'd still like to have a ball-winder...

I really want to get back into crochet and knitting soon, because I don't feel like I'm being very productive lately... Especially since I re-installed the Sims 2 on my laptop... This game is addictive, even when it makes me mad, I can't stop playing it...

It's a vicious circle of Simlitude... (See what I did there?)

I also made some FIMO things with my sister. She made all her Christmas-presents out of FIMO. A Fez-keychain for my older brother, fruit-cane slices as nail-art for my older sister, a minecraft cube (earth with grass on top) for my little brother... Our oldest sister got a portrait of her and I got this little piece of adorableness:
She doesn't like the way it turned out because there's fingerprints on the yarn and some red got caught up in it, but I think the fingerprints make for a great fibre-effect on the threads and the bit of red could be a fibre of some other yarn or a hair of hers caught up in the yarn while it was wound into that ball. I really love it :)

I also made these. My sister gave me instructions on how to make the hook-handle, otherwise it would've looked dreadful... Well... actually it did look dreadful in the beginning...
Sorry about the low res and blurriness, it's a mobile-photo taken in the evening...
But then I added some polish on top of it. Silver and Gold. And now it looks just beautiful... See for yourself:
If you click on the picture to have it in its original size, you can even read the hook size! It's a 4.5mm hook. I don't know what that is in other charts... Sorry ^^" (I think it could be a G or H, though)
That other thing you see there, in case you're not a Whovian, is the sign that is on the TARDIS door. The writing is actually way too small to be properly read... the "assistance obtainable immediately" was so large I had to blurr the letters for it to fit in... :/
But I like it nonetheless. Even if I used translucent FIMO by accident and now it looks weird. I still love it.

I'm trying to think of any other things I might have made that you haven't seen yet, but I think I got it all covered... You can see all the Christmas-crochet I did in the previous post You can never start too early.

Keep an eye on my Youtube channel, because I'm going to be uploading a video on Double-knitting sometime soon!

Oh! Before I end this post! Happy New Year everyone! :)

X Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment