Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday's Tallies - One-A-Day Weather-Scarf

DAY 7 (Thurs Jan7th)

Since today is day 7, I've decided to take it upon myself to calculate how long my scarf will be by the end of the year.
To do this, I've waited for today:
I need to measure how long the scarf is today, after 7 days (i.e. one week).
That's 7.5cm (or 2.3inches)


Now I multiply that length by 52, which is the average amount of weeks in one year.
That makes 390cm (or119.6 inches)
Which equals 3.90m (or 9ft and 11.6inches)

Now I am 1.70m tall (or 5ft8), so the scarf would be 50cm longer than twice my size.
The longest scarf I own and can actually wear is 3.34m (so slightly less than twice my size) when laying flat. It's a double-brioche pattern, so it stretches an awful lot when you wear it (in every possible direction).
I think that my Weather-Scarf will have a nice length. And if I notice at some point, that it's getting too long, I'll just stop earlier... Maybe make a second one and give it away...
Who knows?

DAY 10 (Sun Jan10th)

Today we had some rather heavy rain...
Which means I was able to add a new color to the scarf!!!
YAY!!!

So as of the end of this past week, this is what the scarf looks like:


As you can see, the last couple days were kind of dim... Let's hope it lightens up a bit...
Or at least something different than just "heavy rain" (numbers 7&8)...
See you next week!

x Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment