Thursday, February 28, 2013

Google is, indeed, my friend.

I love getting inspiration from my friend Google. He's ever so helpful! Everytime I ask him whether he knows any nerdy or geeky crochet, he shows me a whole album of inspiring pictures!

This particular time, I have asked him about "crazy crochet". He showd me a lot of VERY colorful pictures. Most of which were rooms, cars or trees completely covered in crochet.

One of them caught my eye, thoug. This one:
Even though they're saying it sucks and is awful, I have something to say about this sweater:

It may be a (quite big) bit too colorful, but the pattern in itself is gorgeous! I have been looking for a Granny squared sweater for a while, because making squares seems much less huge a project than knitting a whole jumper of one piece. I've seen plenty sweaters that only had the back and front in squares and the rest were singel-crocheted. Others were solid granny squares (even the sleeves!) And looked really... granny-ish...
But this one... Especially the trumpet-sleeves! If you used this model and worked it in a bit less attention-attracting colors, it could be an awesome piece of clothing.
As soon as I'm finished with my current granny-projects, I'll have a go at this one!

PS: I know that a few people are waiting for the Part 2 of the Totoro tutorial on Youtube, I'm sorry about it, it'll take sone time for me to get back into that project... And I have to find a pillow to put in there, as I'm intending to make it a pillowcase.

X
Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment